Purchase of R. Hampshire & Sons

Herbert & Sons purchased the business of R. Hampshire & Sons, manufacturers of sack and warehouse trucks, in 1904.  Hampshires had been established in 1870, and traded from 17 Burrows Mews, John St. West, Blackfriars Road.
 
Both Joe Hampshire and his brother Tom continued with the company, and were pictured in this photograph taken in 1915 on the move from the factory at St Georges in the East to Leverington Street.
 

 
Purchase of R. Hampshire & Sons

Click on the Image(s) For Detail