The first Post Office exchange in London opens on 1st March
The first Post Office exchange in London was opened on 1 March 1902.
'Central Exchange' had a capacity for 14,000 subscribers, and was situated at the Faraday Building in Queen Victoria Street.
'City' Exchange opened shortly after with a capacity of 18,000, followed by 'Mayfair' to serve the West End,'Western' for Kensington and 'Victoria' for Westminster, all in the same year.
Several other Post Office exchanges were also opened in the London suburbs, including we believe TERminus, which served the Kings Cross premises, whose number was Terminus 3984.
Click on the Image(s) For Detail