Thomas Alfred W. Davidson (1904 - 1974)
Tommy Davidson was born on 18th August 1904 in St. Olave's Bermondsey, the older brother of George Davidson. He joined as an apprentice scalemaker in the works at Berry Place, off Goswell Road in 1924.
He later transferred to the outside staff, and was one of our first outside mechanics to drive a motor van – at that time our fleet comprised three vehicles in all.
Tommy left the Company in 1950, but re-joined in 1953.
Tommy retired on 15th August 1969, and other than for a short period, had been with us for nearly 45 years. He died on 17th March 1974