Business Card c1912
This business card was for the Kings Cross part of the business, brothers George and William Herbert having dissolved their partnership in 1876 and split the business between them.
The Kings Cross premises depicted on the card had been acquired with the purchase of George Birch's business in 1857.
It is believed that the card was made from an old engraved plate, then over printed with the telephone number ‘Terminus 3984' – the first telephone exchange having opened in London in 1879 – and also with 'Sole Makers of the "Vibrato” Scale ', whose design had been registered in 1907.
Click on the Image(s) For Detail