London, Feathers Court, Drury Lane

William James Hubbard started as a scalemaker at 85 Drury Lane in front of Feathers Court in 1820, and was joined by John William Walker from 94 Drury Lane by the middle of the century.  Around 1900 the firm moved to 41 Theobalds Road, and was purchased by Herbert & Sons for £700 in 1919.
 
This print shows the statue of Justitia which was formerly outside the premises in Feathers Court.  She is now in the Museum of London collection at Mortimer Wheeler House in rather a sorry state, her left arm is detached, and both sword and scales are missing.
 

 
London, Feathers Court, Drury Lane

Click on the Image(s) For Detail